You will never really know what it’s like to be a parent until you become one. But if you want a pretty good idea of what to expect, we recommend doing one thing in particular:
HANG OUT WITH DRUNK PEOPLE.
Seriously. Being around drunk people is oddly similar to being around babies. So if you want to prepare for kids, this is the best way to do it!
How are these tiny little people the same as your not-so-sober friends? Let us tell you…
- They need to be physically touching you all the time.
- They have no filter and say the most inappropriate things.
- They are going to barf on you at any second. Be prepared.
- They are close talkers and loud talkers, which can be a highly annoying combo.
- They say the same things and ask the same questions over and over and over again.
- They are relentless. They never want to sleep. They just want to keep going ALL NIGHT LONG without any concern for how tired you may be.
- They will throw it down if you try and stop the fun. So good luck with that.
- They are ridiculously hard to contain.
Even though they are a piece of work and can make you a little bit crazy, they show you so much love and you just can’t help but love them right back.
For more ways hanging out with drunk people prepares you for motherhood, watch our latest #MOMTRUTH video below!